Document Review: A thorough review of your condo corporation’s documents (Declaration, By-Law, Plan, and Common Element Rules).
- If you are thinking of making changes to your documents, this is a good place to start. Condo-Link can provide suggestions for useful revisions and guide you in the process to update your documents.
- Uncertain about how to interpret various references in your documents? Condo-Link can review your Declaration and By-Law and provide explanations and answer questions.
- Do you need expertise in handling rule enforcement? Condo-Link can provide advice and resources to help condo Boards effectively manage rule enforcement.
Financial Systems set-up: help in setting up your financial systems, calculating condo fees, budget preparation, banking, choosing a bookkeeper, and any other financial issues.
- The set-up of a good system will provide peace of mind and save time. It also will be helpful when a new Board Member assumes the role as Treasurer.
- Explanation of operating account, contingency fund, and reserve fund. Help and suggestions for proper management of these accounts, according to your governing documents. Proper procedures for cheque authorization, collection of condo fees, special assessment fees and handling arrears.
- Budget preparation and proper forecasting for future expenditures is important to ensure your condo corporation remains sustainable.
- Bookkeeping options, financial reporting, the differences for condos with 11 or more units and those with 10 or fewer units.
By-Law enforcement: What’s the best way to deal with owners who ignore the Common Element Rules?
- Condo-Link can provide clarification on your rules and strategies for managing the rule-breakers.
- Learn what needs to be enforced, tactical methods for rule enforcement, and how to effect change.
Management Styles for Condo Corporations: There are many ways to manage a condo corporation in New Brunswick. On one end of the spectrum, self-management can be a lower-cost and effective style. On the other hand, a full-service professional management company may be best for your condo corporation. But there lots of different styles to choose from.
- Condo-Link can provide a review of your current management style.
- Offer an opinion on alternative management styles to suit your condo corporation.
- Provide assistance in managing the change to a new style of management.
Estoppel Certificates: proper preparation of Estoppel Certificates
- What is Form 14 and where do I get a copy?
- What documents must accompany an Estoppel Certificate?
- Who signs Estoppel Certificates?
- What are the fees for preparing an Estoppel Certificate?
Complying with The NB Condominium Property Act: a complete list of what needs to be submitted to the Director of Condominiums and when.
- When are updates required?
- What documents or forms are required?
- Why is this necessary/important?
Communication with Owners:
- Newsletters – help in compiling effective newsletters, determining useful content, creating an attractive design.
- Correspondence – assistance in creating welcome packages, proxy templates, and an assortment of other professional-looking templates for regular use within your condo corporation.
- Handling complaints – set-up of an effective system for handling complaints and resolving issues.